Act as a liaison between Housekeeping, Guests and other departments to ensure a positive hotel experience for guest rooms and public areas. This position provides a visible and accessible floor presence in order to anticipate, understand and act upon Housekeeping associates’ needs. The position responds to guest requests on the floor and additionally will assist the Executive Housekeeper with day-to-day operations of the housekeeping departments.
- To ensure that all areas under his/her control are maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness and tidiness.
- Collection and delivery of guest laundry in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responsible for delivery, collection and making up of cots to required standard.
- Responsible for maintaining standards of irons and ironing boards.
- Delivery of, duvets, pillows and bedboards and maintaining service area supplies as required.
- Responsible for ensuring service areas and lifts are clean and well maintained at all times, removing any rubbish, dirty crockery, glassware etc.
- Assist in training new porters as and when required.
- Answering pager and dealing with all requests and general housekeeping enquiries